Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Must Have Been Born With A Different Sound System...

To start things off I just want to mention that I am quite aware that this probably happens to a lot of people, or rather, that this has happened to a lot of people. Reading the title of this blog post illustrates that this happens almost all the time for me.

I've come to notice that when I'm in large groups, usually conversation circles (where people are somehow completely unaware of how silly the whole idea of a group of friends talking in a circle-- the majority with their arms folded-- actually is to people passing by who probably notice the dismally empty hole in the middle. Or maybe that's just me.), in cars, at a party or while walking towards my car and I want to say something witty, funny, interesting or just saying something for the sake of participating in the group, my sound waves travel about two inches from my mouth and fall flat to the ground. It's like I never said anything at all. I even make sure to feel a little bit of force against my vocal box so I know that I'm projecting my voice and still, nothing. No one bats an eye and even the people standing right next to me didn't hear what I just said.

Weird huh?

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how that feels.

    If it makes you feel any better, I love the people who, say really witty and funny things, but you have to listen a little bit more to hear it.

    You're funny, but not loud and in people's faces about your humor. It works. Some people just aren't keen enough to listen in.

    Don't know if I made any sense... but there it is.

    Welcome to the blogging world Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete