Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Relatively Humorous...

So I'm not sure if I've ever used this term around friends but part of my definition of the term "relatively humorous" will explain why such is the case. In Christopher Logic's Dictionary, when I say "I thought of something relatively humorous" it means the following:

1. I found it somewhat funny, and sometimes (but not usually) I'm the only one who thinks it's kind of funny while the rest don't understand why it's funny, find it more amusing that I thought it was funny, or they laugh too because it actually was relatively humorous.
2. Relatively contains the word relative (don't all shout Eureka! at once please) so I am implying that what I say is funny to those who are related to me.
3. Relatively in this sense means mid-level; unlike highly, very, etc.
4. Humorous ranks number four on Christopher Logic's Scale of "Best Words to Describe Something That Makes Me Laugh." (see next post for complete ranking)

Yup and yuppers.

1 comment: