Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christopher Logic's Scale of...

As mentioned in the previous post, I just thought that I should clear things up by displaying the complete scale of "Best Words to Describe Something That Makes Me Laugh" or whatever I called it before. You see, I use certain words for particular reasons (as do we all) but the specific word I choose is not synonymous in my vocabulary as you will see. Well, here goes.

1. Hilarious - This means that I was laughing a lot
2. Really Funny - If I put an adverb (very, so, etc.) or adjective (very, incredibly) before the word "funny" I mean it. It was almost hilarious. (the previous sentence was relatively humorous to me as is this one)
3. Funny - When the word is all by itself it means I laughed or it made me chuckle and smile.
4. Humorous - That 50-50 kind of funny where it is really hit or miss.
5. LOL - I should probably make a post about this... but LOL means it was trying to be funny but no one's laughing. Usually gets a courtesy laugh out of me.
6. "I guess it was funny" or "I can see how it was supposed to be funny." - Longer terms, I know, but if I'm trying to tell the joke but I know I am/could/did slaughter it and I have to explain it again it means the joke landed flat on its face. Other people do this often too. When it was supposed to be funny and it wasn't, in other words.
7. Not funny. - This is literally what I'm saying.
8. Lame. - All the jokes were barely worth a courtesy laugh.
9. Not funny at all. - Usually means that it might have been funny if I wasn't offended in the process. Usually from dirty, vulgar or jokes that have swear words in them.
10. _________ - If I say nothing I really have no comment and would rather talk about something else.

And there you have it!

1 comment:

  1. And suddenly everything you've said for the past several years makes so much more sense. :-)

    ReplyDelete